Monday, January 20, 2014

1/20/14 Model tightening and another character rework

Hello everyone!

Another weekly update, this time a bit shorter!  I've been rather sick this week so I've mainly focused on procedural work with my topography!  So I'll be brief in explanation! 

First up, I decided to model the leg separately due to being able to duplicate rather than worry myself with modeling three legs together and UV'ing together! That didn't sound like fun!  Currently it hasn't been sewn onto the body! (UV'ing reasons of course!)


A look at the underside!  It was quite the puzzle trying to get all of the joints in the right places!  But I was able to get all of my topography arranged in Tris and Quads in a very UV'able way.


Simply a general look to make sure that I've stayed on model.  So far the only noticeable alterations have been positive ones, meaning closer study of insects and life models.  Basically getting back to the source rather than the imagination.


The next set of images are simply renders of the previous images




This final image is a rethinking of a previous design.  I'm going back one by one and methodically designing each based on their role in their over arching story.  This idea actually came after the great success I had with Pacifica!  I've been designing Grant to be a hero character when in reality I should have been designing him as a -fallen- hero character meaning more sympathetic and tattered, less stoic, dashing smile type!
Well it looks like this week is going to be UV'ing and Painting!  And I'm praying I get over what sickness I have!

Until next time!
-Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment