Tuesday, February 11, 2014

2/10/14 More Character work!

Hello everyone!

A little late!  But more work to show for it!

First up, I went back and colored the previous posted linework and then continued onto a more finished Goliath design. I'll add a disclaimer, the coloring work done on each of these are extremely fast in nature and more for testing color than anything else.  Its also to get me more comfortable with just coloring my gesture work and getting something in the works that I can show! Again, I'm very pleased with the style I'm going with, its a nice breath of fresh air from my more realistic approach I've done for a few years now.  I'm absolutely in love with the contrast of Goliath's top to his bottom.

These next two characters have never been seen on this blog so far.  So for introductions, on the left is Tesala.  She's connected through several disembodied pieces that float and are held together by an electrical current that runs through her entire body.  Her arms are made of electrical energy allowing her to disable cars and computers or overload systems with a simple touch.  I see them resembling ghost arms, being able to go through objects and interact with the inner workings of them.  Her normal state though, is wearing her giant metal gloves that she can use as you might expect, to smash objects and lift things larger than herself..

Union is on the right, more of the silence smoking gun type.  She's very similar in all aspects but rather than being able to move freely with electrical arms she's confined to her metal casing as a prison.  She wields and Gatling gun arm that she can wield in her other if needed for more precision firing.

The two are sisters first and cyborgs second, having only brains to show for their humanity in cold lifeless casings.  And naturally they're villains of tragedy existing in the same universe and story as Vortize, Cinder and Goliath.

In coloration I went with a more "colorful" (if you can call it that) color palette for Tesala as she tends to be the talker and more "bubbly" of the two sisters.  On the other hand I went with more earthy tones for Union giving her a more visual rust feeling about her.  She's silent and tends to be more violent at times.


This week I'll be returning to the land of 3D and approaching the finish with the Kaiten Beetle along with starting a new model!

Until next time!
-Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment