Tuesday, July 1, 2014

7/1/14 Creative breakthroughs and "Tarnished"

Hey Everyone!

Its a little later than I would have liked to have posted but life happens sometimes!  After a week of family, friends, Scott Campbell and the amazingly inspiring Double Fine Adventure Documentary I've gone through a bit of a creative growth in my art.  I've added a few new techniques to my overall process and I'm enjoying my work more than ever!

This week will be just 2D work!




These two characters are from the previous set of gestures I had been working on set on a post golden age super hero world with the TT of "Tarnished".

Cinders pretty much designed herself, flame retardant suit with a pair of goggles so she doesn't dry her eyes out from her flames!  Combine that with the fact shes been living with and possibly bumming gear of Vortize for awhile now and you've got a pretty tech geared out flame tosser!

I'll be taking Vortize's costume design out to the five mark as I did with Cinders because I feel personally that it takes that many before you really find something decent.  I'm happy with how he looks right now but I know I'll be happier when I discover how awesome he can really look!

More drawings for next week and a bit more 3D work!

Until Next Time!
-Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment